Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Liberals have lost touch with reality

General George S. Patton once said, "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."

Those on the left seem to be cynical about everything to do with the war on terrorism. I think if Patton were alive today he would say liberals lack the courage to fight the enemy and would slap a few of them around.

To prove how out of touch liberals are with reality these days look at the uproar that occurred because of comments made by Lt. General James Mattis.

Mattis said, "Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. ... It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right upfront with you, I like brawling." General Mattis is the kind of General I want leading our troops into battle. Marines are there to kill the enemy, not coddle them. They need a leader like General Mattis.

What do liberals think Marines are doing in Iraq, handing out condoms to AIDS patients? Would liberals rather General Mattis had said, "I hate to fight.I think war is much too bloody.I think we should stay home and polish our nails and listen to show tunes."

Liberals have lost touch with reality