Sunday, February 20, 2005

Newt Gingrich is Running For President-Ace of Spades HQ

I've thought this for some time now - see my post from Feb. 7 here. I said:

WILL GINGRICH MAKE A RUN AT PRESIDENT IN '08? THAT'S THE QUESTION RUNNING THROUGH MY MIND THIS MORNING... EVEN SINCE BEFORE THE IRAQ WAR, GINGRICH HAS CONSISTANTLY BEEN POLITICALLY TO THE RIGHT OF BUSH AND MANY OTHER MAINSTREAM REPUBLICANS... COULD HIS MESSAGE RESONATE ENOUGH WITH MAINSTREAM DEMOCRATS TO BE ABLE TO PULL THE 5-10% OF THEM HE NEEDS TO WIN? I GUESS IT REALLY DEPENDS ON WHO THE DEMO'S RUN AT THIS POINT...


Watch John Fund's Political Diary column in the WSJ this Tuesday. He's sitting next to me now, and I asked him what he was working on. I begged him for a tease for his column, and he offered: "Newt Gingrich is running for President in 2008."

Ace of Spades HQ

Hat tip: Outside the Beltway