Tuesday, December 13, 2005

HUGE 'DRAGON' SKELETON UNEARTHED AFTER IRAN QUAKE


This imagery is absolutely amazing. This could be one of the biggest science discoveries of the century. You are looking at what appears to be the fossilized remains of a gigantic DRAGON.
I believe the skeleton was partially unveiled following the earthquake, otherwise it would have been discovered previously. You can see in the photograph the immense size of the creature's ribs and vertebrae in comparison with my small figure, and this is just a small section of the fossil, which stretches a great distance in either direction (possibly hundreds of feet long total). I am standing close to what I believe to be the head of the creature, with the rib cage extending dozens of feet beyond the photograph and into the bare rock. I cannot even begin to speculate on the size of this creature. I will need to return with more equipment and certainly others better versed with this type of find. At this point, these are but simple deductions until further tests can be done.

[...]

Above you will see a distance view of the entire skull, along with a portion of the spine. You can click for a higher quality image. I attempted to match together two separate shots from my digital camera to give a full sense of scale. The fuzzy little shape to the left is, in fact, me. Seeing this, as well as the artist's sketch below, I continue to be astounded. I am simply unaware of any creature that has ever looked quite like this, nor was ever this large.


linked at the otb|jam